Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What should I do in this situation?

Hi everyone,





On Friday morning I was making my way to class when I saw a stray dog walking around my garage. I was inside my car and didn't think much of it so I just drove away. When I came back 5 hours later, I found the dog again, sniffing around the trash cans outside (I guess for food) as I parked my car. I didn't want to approach the dog because of a few reasons, especially because I didn't know if the dog had the proper vaccinations or if it was friendly. However, I am a huge animal lover and I hate seeing abandoned pets wondering around the street/alleys (they could get hit by a car or get hurt). That same night I saw it wondering around when I took my dog out for a walk. The dog didn't even bark at my dog, and it seemed really friendly. After approaching/looking at the dog more, I realized it looked fairly young (sort of like a huge puppy). I decided to go back inside and put some dog food on a paper plate. I left the plate by my garage in case the poor dog was hungry.





This morning when my family went out to breakfast, we saw the dog wondering around our ally again. My dad told us that if he was there at again, he would call an animal shelter or animal control so they can take the dog to a warm shelter (it's been raining like crazy here). After we came back, the dog was gone and nowhere in sight (we went around our block a couple of times). A couple of hours ago, it started raining heavily and I heard a dog whimpering off in the distance. I quickly ran outside thinking it was my own dog that somehow got outside and was now being scared of thunder. After walking around my ally, it turns out that the noise was coming from the dog, and he was in the backyard of a house 4 doors down from mine.





I guess this is their "new" pet, because I have not seen this dog around. My dad asked our friendly neighbor next door if this family had a new pet, and he said it was theirs. We went out in the pouring rain and found the door tied up with a rope, drenched in rain, and crying . I felt horrible, thinking "What family would leave their new pet out here in the rain?". I just feel terrible about this situation, and their backyard doesn't have a gate, so this is why the dog was outside in our ally all this time. The dog also doesn't have a tag, collar, ANYTHING- I checked because I figured the dog was a runaway. I don't know what to do, should I call animal control or pet services? I know it's none of my business and it's rude to intrude on a family's way to "live life" but the dog is still crying as I type, and it's about 1AM here now. I am just so concerned for the dog, and I don't think it's being taken care of. What would you do?|||can you guys maybe take the dog in for a few days? it seems like they dont care much for the dog so having the dog disappear for a few days may be a reality check for this family. Who gets a dog just to leave it outside ALL the time? if not then yes call animal control, just make sure to tell them it is your neighbors dog. take pictures of it tied up. most state laws are that a dog can only be tied up for a certain amount of time throughout the day, their must be shade and shelter, AND water must be in reach of the dog.





i hate saying call animal control because if the dog is taken in there is always the possibility that it could be put to sleep. maybe you could talk to your neighbors and tell them the dog has been in your garage and in your trash and that it is keeping you up late at night.





or play dumb. talk to them about how cute their new dog is and ask them how the dog does inside. ask if she sleeps in bed with them, etc. just ask stupid questions to see if the people are even remotely interested in the dog. Casually ask them why the heck they got a dog if they are just going to leave it outside all the time. ask them if they are going to get a collar and tags for the dog since you mistakenly thought it was a stray. Like i said play dumb and act cool if this is the route you are choosing to take. you dont want to be rude or come off like you are trying to tell them how to raise a dog. if they say omg that is the worst dog ever, then suggest a private trainer. if you dont know one than look for one. you can find them by using google.com or craigslist.com,etc.





Good luck!|||I think that you should call animal control. they can find out whether the dog i theirs or not|||yes it is your Business ! If you care about your own dog why wouldn't you care for someone Else's dog if its not been treated right ? Haven't you heard the aspca say,"We Are There Voice"? We have to talk for them they can not talk for them selves! If that dog doesn't have Proper Shelter from the rain , windy, snow or what ever then that is abuse and You should call the Animal Control or Animal Shelter and tell them about that dog being tied out in the rain and whining all that time. It is the Humane thing to do to report anyone that is not taking proper care of their pet/dog! I saw a dog in a hot car with the windows cracked and I called 911 to report it and they came out and talked with those people so i think next time they do that they will think Twice About it ! and i was told by my animal shelter that i did the right thing in calling 911 and that i can call them or 911 about things like that. So yeah if its not your Business you make it your Business because the animal can't speak or help its self . it is up to us to help them !|||mm very hard instead of animal control you don't now if they will youthanize him/her


unless it was a trusted shelter that guarantee home no youthizetion





but if not





steal the dog and take him/her to a friends house that want the dog


i did this when 1 of my neighbors had a blue nose pi puppy in the direct sun with no water and the guy was beating it to make it a fighting dog so i stole the little thing and i gave it to my friend a few mile up the road and the dog is a healthy full grown lover only he don't love strangers near my friends kids unless he nows you|||Call animal control. What they are doing is cruel and ignorant. Tying a dog out where it has to sit in cold rain is just evil. He was better off when he was loose and could at least go into your garage. If it is after hours, call the police nonemergency number and tell them exactly what the situation is. If they won't act, well, ropes have a way of fraying sometimes......|||Go dog nap the dog.If you can't keep it, post it on like craigslist.com


Just don't give it back.If they call the police on you,state what you wrote here.That is sad.remember you are saving that dogs life.good Luck and thanks for watching out for our fury friends|||Call animal control. As for right now, maybe you can coax it onto your porch away from the rain [if you have one] , dry it off with a towel, put some food and water on the porch for it, put an old blanket or bed sheet for it to sleep on ect...|||No dog should be treated in such a way, call someone but make sure the place you call does not only keep them a few days and then destroys them. In the uk many animal shelters keep them 7 days then thats it, the dogs trust keep them all their life if they do not find a home. If it is this familys new pet they need educating on dog care.|||of the dog is outside with no shelter.. yes, call animal control.





There are minimal requirements that one must provide their pet.. including adequate food, water and shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment