Friday, December 9, 2011

Running on grass vs pavement?

Hey guys,





I've just opted for outdoor running in order to better control my weight (using treadmill in the gym is too costly at the moment).


But I'm not sure if it's better for me to run on grass in the park or on the normal street concrete pavement.





One thing I've realised nowadays is that whenever I walk long distance in the city centre on pavement my knees eventually become sore,... but then again it might be because of a lack of exercise.





What do you guys think? Anyone with loads of outdoor running experience?|||i ran cross country for years...grass is WAY better for your knees PLUS the uneven ground makes you use more core muscles. go for the grass! good luck :)|||You could ease into running on the street if you want. But stick to running on grass if running on the road gives you discomfort (or shin splints which are very common for people new to running on hard surfaces). Nothing wrong with a little scenery in the park either ;)|||You cant run on pavement unless you have top quality running shoes..which most people dont get.





you'll get injured





#2 running isnt a fat burning exercise...try walking|||Grass is much better for the joints. Or sand. Anything soft. Or use an exercise tramopline.

No comments:

Post a Comment