Friday, December 9, 2011

My dog was ran over by a car, and i feel like i could have stopped it?

I live with my fianc茅 at my parents鈥?house and my parents have a pull around driveway. There is a gate that you have to open and close for cars to get through because my parents have two dogs. Whenever someone is pulling out of the driveway, someone waits at the gate to close it once the car gets through. Well, my fianc茅 and I were getting ready to leave, so he gets in his truck and I stand by the gate waiting for him to get through so I can close the gate. Well I have a 17-year-old dog that has trouble with her vision and her walking. the truck was a good distance away and my dog entered the trucks path from the right side of the truck and was walking towards the left side of the truck, during this time I could have told my fianc茅 to stop the truck because I had a good enough time to do so, but for some reason I just didn't. So as the dog continues to walk through, the left side of the truck runs over her bottom and her back legs, I start screaming so my fianc茅 goes to put it in park but accidentally put it in reverse and the truck runs over her again. At this point, I knew the only thing we could do was to put her down because she is so old. even before this incident we were going to put her down because she couldn't control her bladder, could barely see or walk, always had trouble standing up, would always trip and fall and not able to get up. So my parents, my fianc茅, and I go to the vet and we put her down. This happened two days ago and people keep telling me it is not my fault but I still cannot help but think it is my fault. I honestly had well enough time to tell my fianc茅 to stop, but I did not. And I cannot understand why. It is driving me crazy that I cannot understand why I did not say stop. I do not know what to do, I am so angry with myself. The incident plays over in my head a million times a day and I cannot take it. Not only did I have to put a dog down and lose a family member(dog) that I have had for 17 years, but I also have to deal with thinking that it is my fault, and I also have to deal with the fact that I had to watch my dog get ran over and get ran over again. I am so angry with myself and cannot stop thinking it is my fault. I really need help. Please provide me with some feedback, suggestions, tips, advice, anything!!! Please and thank you.|||It's always easy to look back on what should have or could have been done. There are a million reasons on why this is. One very possible reason is that we get caught up in what we're watching. Not in an entertaining kind of way, but in a surreal moment kind of way. Almost in shock. The outcome is going to be so severe, that in a way, our minds immediately block that part out, and we appear mindless.


Results are not always what makes us. Sometimes, intentions speak louder. In this incident, your intentions were not the outcome. That is what you need to remind yourself. You didn't want this. Your actions, or lack of actions is nothing more than just coming up short in a moment of life. No different than a basketball player missing that last shot. I know there is a big difference between losing a game and losing a family member, but the analogy still fits. That ball player makes that shot 100 times a day, but didn't that time.


You can not beat yourself up over something that you can't even change.


Instead of thinking of the negative thoughts, redirect your mind to the positive things.


You did love that dog.


The dog did live a long time.


The dog no longer has to live in suffering of old age.


You did not cause the dog to die.





You can take each one of those thoughts, and build an influence around them. Take time to prove them right. In the process, you are not only distracting yourself from the bad thoughts that are bringing you down, but you are also building a case against them. You are arming yourself with a better truth.





I am sorry for your loss.





I hope my advice helps.|||wow... your fiance must have been pretty stupid to put the car on reverse and run over the dog twice......


anyways sorry for your loss and hope you got over it

Report Abuse


|||just get over it already. it was a dog. go get yourself a new pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment