Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Throttle control sticking, Pontiac Grand Am 98'?

I have a Pontiac Grand Am SE 98'. My throttle control keeps sticking when I go long distances at high speeds.. Like on a highway or freeway. Its like cruise control stays on. I have taken the air filter off to grease it up in hopes its just sticky but its still doing it ( I put the air filter back together BTW haha) . I have to turn the car off in drive and get out and mess with the throttle control coil and than I can continue on my way. I can't put it in neutral while its stuck because it revs up real high, I dont want to put it in park cause I dont want to ruin my transmission. The RPMS are sticking at two when this happens and its dangerous too because I have to fight with the car to stop because its trying to accelerate while I am pressing the brake. Getting very frustrated at this. Any suggestions or ideas on what might be wrong?





I just had the cam sensor thing (not sure exact words) replaced and the ignition switch replaced (for the 4th time in 4 years, it keeps burning out).|||Are you sure it's the throttle sticking? Have you checked for any vacuum leaks? I had a vacuum leak on my TA and it'll raise the rpm's up pretty good depending on the size of the leak.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgc鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment