Friday, December 2, 2011

VERY SERIOUS PLEASE ANSWER, Can I be arrested for this?

I was driving home from school, I see a lady who doesn't move her 1999 Lexus GS400, her emergency lights were on and I wait for 7-9 seconds and someone behind me sound his horn, I was about to do that but he did it first. I overtake her going under 10 mph (her emergency lights were on and that's why I overtook her), I left enough distance and my back wheel went on a curb. Then all of a sudden she made a left turn and she hit into me. I didn't really feel the accident, to me it felt like I drove over a small hole on the road. I really didn't know if that was an accident or not so I decide to drive home and check my car out later for any damages. During then, I knew that there was no way that I could've hit her Lexus. So after 6 seconds later she chased me and I didn't realize why she was chasing me until I finally realize that their might've been an accident. So after that I enter another neighborhood to make a U-turn to come back home, but this lady was traveling way to close to me, almost bumper to bumper distance, we came near a sharp turn and my car started fishtailing. Then I was really scared and almost lost control and hit an oncoming car, but luckily I didn't and I finally pulled over, I then realized that I couldn't get home. Finally she called the cops as well as the firetruck and the ambulance, the lady did have some blood pressure issue, so did I (mine went up to 156/124). The cop only asked me two questions, If I was hurt or not and he asked me what happened. The problem was I wasn't able to explain because I was too shaky %26amp; scared at that moment. The cops talked to the lady for more than 12 minutes and for me only a minute and after that he gave me a misdemeanor charge for hit and run. After the accident, I did find out that she had to go to the emergency room because of her high blood pressure.





But after that incident 2 friends of mine who saw the accident said that I was right to overtake her because she looked as if she was trying to park her car near a house and her emergency flashers were on as well. Also her brake lights were not on. They also saw that the car was very close to the curb. They said that I maintained enough distance while overtaking her and she REALLY did make a left turn, she was also looking to the left when I overtook her. The problem is that she told the cops and my insurance company that I hit her and I ran away, I am schedule at court today. My insurance rates did go up because of this and nothing happened to her. My insurance did pay for her medical expenses.








My main questions are:





1. Who would you say that is at fault?


2. If you were the judge what would you do?


3. Can you please suggest me something, some advice for this case or to avoid the consequences?


4. What is the chance of this case being dismissed? ****** (Please tell me this)





Can Someone tell me what I should do now?????





Sorry this is very long but I really need your help, any opinions are welcome. I am a good 18 year old student who has never gotten into trouble with the law except for this one. Thanks!!!








ADDITIONAL DETAIL:


My dad did find out that the district attorney was very stricted or something like very serious. but if my case was presented today, I was going to be sentenced 6 months in jail. Could that be possible???





this was something I did not commit especially I did not hit her in any way but the problem is that I am 18 years old and no one would listen to my story.





Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!|||Did you explain your side of the story to your insurance company? If you are paying them for insurance, put them to work fighting your case. If you did not defend yourself, all they have to go on is the lady's story. Write out your side if it helps.





If your were trying to pass her, you are most likely at fault if there was an accident at that point. The car behind is always at fault no matter what the car in front does.





Just present your case and maybe you can get the hit and run dropped. In court be calm, dress nice (suit if you have one), and sound intelligent so they can get past the 18 year old boy image. Only state what actions you took, not what they lady did. Good Luck to you!|||At best, a ticket.


At worst probation.|||i doubt you could be arrested but that old lady sounds like a ***** if what you said was true and i hope you dont go to jail but if you do and what u said was true then thats bs|||Write down everything you want to say before you go to court. Be prepared to visually demonstrate the accident in court. You might even want to sketch out exactly what happened. Have a very clear time-line of events.





I know that you were nervous, but you really should have stopped the car as soon as you realized the woman was following you. You didn't have to get out to talk to her - you could have waited for the police if you were scared she'd do something. But it sounds like you engaged her in a chase. It even sounds like you were going fairly fast if you started fishtailing. Neither of these things look good if you're in trouble for hit-and-run (which you essentially did).





I think you need a good explanation for why 1) you didn't stop when you realized your car had hit the other driver's and 2) why you didn't immediately pull over when you saw the woman following you.





EDIT: I thought this story sounded fishy, so I looked at your other questions. It seems you've changed your story. In particular, you admitted that you tried to hide from the other driver because you were scared. THIS IS A HIT-AND-RUN. I think you need to hire a very good attorney.|||if you are 18 and can't explain a simple accident and you ran. yes it was a hit and run.


you made yourself look guilty by all your running away to get home. you admit that you only stopped when you got lost. tell this to a judge and he will definitely find you guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment