Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Does this poem make sense to you?

Dripping


The water keeps dripping


When will it end?


I cannot pretend





It picks at my mind, like blood on the brain


It makes me insane as I grasp at these chains


Why am I here, what have I done wrong?


The water is strong, I won鈥檛 last very long





Drip


Drip


Drip鈥?br>




The madness creeps in my head and swells


Screaming at me is the distant sanity bells


I cannot control the warlock鈥檚 black magic


He鈥檚 coming to get me and inject what is tragic





His needle pricks me and I feel it all flow


Miracle feeling from the beak of the crow


His caw is raw when he鈥檚 pecking at my eye


But I am the scarecrow so I watch the bird fly





Did I hear water running, I know that cold drip


Snapping on my face is life鈥檚 bedewed whip


The sting is intense as it falls down like rain


I scream and cry as the liquid brings the pain





I鈥檓 back in that place where the ravens dance


Where the trees have faces to put me in trance


Their bark is rough against my wrinkled skin


Standing alone with the layers seeping thin





The moon is yellow and the grass is blue


Where am I dripping, this place is new


I鈥檓 melting away inside this place


As the distorted air tramples my pace





I was left in the cell, shivering in the dark


Laughing at the stars, waiting in the park


I can hear the growl of the running dog


He wants to attack me in the misty fog





I can see my daughter crying in the distance


But I move in closer to feel her strong resistance


She snaps at me with her vicious teeth


Then digs a hole to keep me underneath





Her claws are sharp and she鈥檚 covered with fur


The smell of wolf is blatant through the blur


She snarls at me to push me in the hole


Now I鈥檓 trapped under dirt without a soul





A man hits me in the face and knocks out a tooth


I don鈥檛 want to go back there so I tell him the truth|||To me it sounds like a man is going through Chinese water torture and is coming in and out of sanity.





At the end he cannot take anymore so he gives in and tells the torturer what he wants to know.





Pretty interesting.|||What is it about exactly? I really liked it, I just wish I knew what it was about. Clever and great use of words. Good job, keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment